Sunday, July 9, 2017

Hard Lessons on Saving Work

The big thing that you have to remember to do when using a computer of any sort is to periodically save your work. The hard lessons learned seem to come at the most painful times.


The ideas can really be flowing and the words correctly written but it is all for nothing if the stupid machine shuts off. It will always happen at the worst possible time and there is really no way back. Those ideas are gone forever.


I think there may be a problem with this $80 tablet I am trying to use. For absolutely no reason I am aware of it has shut off twice so far on just this simple little document. Maybe I am bumping something and not realizing it. We shall see eventually.


Maybe it is something to do with the computer or it could possible be a bluetooth keyboard problem. It is hard to get angry because of the ridiculously cheap price I paid. There is some truth in the saying that you get what you pay for.


I do like this little thing though. It is Windows 8.1. This makes it my only Windows computer at the moment. My other two computers are ubuntu and lubuntu as the price was right when support ran out for the Windows software and the linux options do everything I want.


My Ubuntu computer even manages to shut off itself unexpectedly every now and the but generally when I am using YouTube so nothing vital is compromised.


Using this tablet is much more convenient than using the library computers. For one thing, I have Dropbox synchronizing everything I save on all my personal computers.


The big thing that you have to remember to do on all the computers is to press the Save option regularly. The big thing that you have to remember to do is to realize that there is probably some spook watching over your shoulder waiting for the perfect time to nail you.


Do not ever get so obsessed with what you are doing to forget how much of your fantastic work can go down the sewer in the blink of an eye!









Post a Comment