Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Just A Bit Chilly For May

Kind of shocked when I looked at the temperature. Checked out the Weather Service and sure enough they agree with my thermometer.

These are probably "fun" days for the farmers. A frost just when everything is sprouting has to be rough to deal with.

My lilacs have been out for a few days already and the lawn is a jungle already. I mowed it just last week and it probably could use another going over already.

May is always an interesting month weatherwise. There is a desire, on the hot days, to shut off the furnace and open the house up. I really think it was a good suggestion I got in the past to keep the furnace turned on until June though. There is the ever present hazard of mold growing in the damp May weather and then you can be stuck with a major problem.

Let the early birds do what they will. I prefer to be conservative on things like this.
Post a Comment