Monday, October 20, 2014

Things Are A Bit Chilly In Here Right Now

What do you do when you start to get out of bed in the morning and notice it is quite a bit cooler than usual?

Only one logical solution - pull up the covers again and think this over.

I then checked a register. The air was cool.
I checked the furnace as it blew all sorts of cool air through the house.
I checked the thermostat and turned it way up - just in case.

Nothing except continually dropping temperatures.

Time to be a little thankful - it is not Winter so there is no problem with the pipes freezing - only me getting chilled.

Shut off the furnace to stop it from pushing cool air around the house. Also noted that the chimney pipe was cold. Not a good sign.

Called for help.

A couple of hours later in conversation with the maintenance man he told me he had checked the thermostat and igniter and no luck so far. Has to get some parts and would return later or early tomorrow.

I do have electric heaters running in my bedroom and the bathroom so I think I will survive. Again thankful it is only in the upper 40s or low 50s outside so the heaters are helping a little. I really would like to expand my horizons beyond the bedroom and bathroom though.

So as I move into the future it is nice to have some really significant immediate goals. Forget about world politics. Forget about the national debt. Just warm it up a little bit right here!
Post a Comment