Sunday, May 15, 2011

Laundry Adventures

Today is one of those days when given the choice it is best to not go through the door. It is chilly, rainy, and dreary.

I am quite wise in the ways of these things so am taking advantage of my isolation by doing all sorts of things I should have done long ago.

I have had setbacks though. One involves the laundry and my use of the nifty new washer and dryer.

Since my heart surgery back in 2000 I have been carrying nitroglycerin pills in case of angina. Fine, never used the things but carry them faithfully. Paramedic said to take one in December for a pain in my chest just as a precaution but that turned out to be pneumonia.

I threw a load of laundry in this morning and proceeded to do other things. Some time or other I reached for my keys and noticed the pill container was missing. Sure enough it was in the pocket of the pants that had gone through the washer.

This medication does concern me somewhat because it really is THAT nitroglycerin that makes explosives. I suppose it is so diluted down that it is relatively harmless but I still could picture a small bomb going off in the dryer.

That washer really gets into everything. Even though the cover was on tight the pills were ruined. Swelled right up to fill the bottle. Oh well. The pharmacy has fast delivery.

Isn't it interesting the things that can happen to brighten a dreary day?
Post a Comment