Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rush Super-Fast Delivery

I had been waiting for a delivery. It was a frozen meal to try out.

Nothing on the day I expected it. I went home for lunch Friday (the next day) and the man next door told me there was a package left for me behind the house. There it was in the back yard in the blazing sun. It was on the grass hidden by the house so I never saw it when I pulled in with the car.

I believe it did come when I expected it but got stashed out of sight behind the house. It had rained pretty hard the night before and then the sun dried it out like an oven. Probably steamed the vegetables.

Over 4 lbs of dry ice was gone when I opened it and there was no way I was going to take a chance on trying to eat the meal.

I reported the mess to the company that sent it out and they just said to write it off.

There was no note that I found telling me there was a package. I have had many packages left on my front porch which is shady, sheltered, safe and mainly visible. Security is always a problem but to leave it out of sight and exposed to the elements?

I guess I have to write it off as one of those things that make life so interesting.
Post a Comment