Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Coffee in Coffee?

Is it my imagination or is it true that instant coffee is weaker now days than it was in the past?

I am definitely not a judge of fine coffees and am quite happy with brewed coffee of any strength, even if it has sat in a pot overnight. Instant coffee though, my usual thing in the morning, should be a little bit consistent out of the jar.

I do not buy the finest blends. The cheapest stuff at Dollar General or Wilson Farms is good for me. I find that rather than a slightly rounded spoonful that it takes a heaping spoonful nowdays and it still does not taste strong enough sometimes.

Could it be part of a vast conspiracy to cut costs by a sneaky method? It can't be aging of the taste buds. The international conspiracy thing sounds best to me.
Post a Comment