Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sue Borkowski's Funeral

I have been divorced now since the mid 70s but still feel close to my (former?) relatives. They are the aunts, uncles and cousins of my kids and when I do show up for family events they always make me feel very welcome.

It is with great sadness that I found out about the death of Sue Borkowski. She was the twin sister of my ex-wife JoAnne and was a great favorite with the kids. I remember nothing but kind thoughts of her and she will be greatly missed.

She was one of those very intelligent and successful people we all hope to meet. She was a Nurse Practioner for years and even after being forced into retirement by her condition she continued to write and have published articles in her field.

I do not know how her husband of 40 years, Paul, managed at the funeral home last night as the crowds of people were larger than anything I have seen at a wake. There were actually lines of people waiting to get in.

It was a cold day for the funeral but fortunately the snow held off and the driving was not bad. It was a sad day but everything went well and it was nice seeing everyone.
Post a Comment