Sunday, October 5, 2008

More Hearing Aid Stuff


My battery ran out one day and after it was replaced I put the hearing aid back in and there was nothing!



What do I do? I took the battery out and put it back in again -- still nothing. I jiggled with the volume control -- still nothing. I looked at the hearing aid to see if it looked like any of the holes were plugged up -- nothing really noteworthy.



Upon closer observation though there is a small little white thing that looked like it was all discolored. Maybe wax? I tried messing around with a paper clip and managed to put a hole in it. I tried out the hearing aid and boy was it loud.



I faintly remember the audiologist talking about filters. I checked the hearing aid box when I got home and there they were. The solution to every hearing aid user wax problem. If only I had something like this on my old hearing aid I suppose I might still be using it.


Post a Comment