Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hagar and Andy

Generally when I read, I tend to read books about history, technology, politics, or different types of mystery or adventure books. Even occasional books on religion or science fiction will take my interest. Recently I haven't been very much interested in comics or cartoons.


The News locally used to carry two comic strips that I, for no rational reason, enjoyed very much. Andy Capp and Hagar the Horrible are not carried locally as far as I am aware. The only way I can keep up with them is online. I do occasionally do this, but it is inconvenient.


It's a fun thing for me. Each character is almost totally illogical, and due to the fact that I don't have to live with them, I can laugh about their misadventures. Each seems similar to the other, given the completely different settings that they live in.


Don't you wish sometimes that you can just charge the enemy or blast your way down the field and let nothing get in the way? It's definitely not me, but I can enjoy seeing others do it.


I suppose they are not socially acceptable, and actually would offend some people. I suppose even that that might be a factor in the fact they are not currently being carried. Unfortunately, I am only a single count in the popularity polls.
Post a Comment